Sunday, April 26, 2015

Maggie Taylor



Maggie Taylor's image "Burden of Dreams" caught my attention when I first saw it because the way this artist montaged different things to fit in this image and blend so well and be able to tell a story in this piece of art. To me this image is beautiful because it shows a woman's dreams. And in that dream it shows how she dreams of different animals, a piano, a book and even the world. To me the image above shows how one day she dreams of traveling the world not only because it shows it in her dream but because of the way Maggie Taylor put glasses on the woman as if she was flying a plane. Another thing that caught my attention was that the woman is inside a circle which can be as if she was on a plane. I might be over thinking the meaning of this image but to me it also means how woman are allowed to dream also. I would describe "Burden of Dreams as a surrealistic image. Maggie Taylor did an amazing job with this image and her style of art is really good because she takes various images and puts it into one telling a story behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment