Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dave McKean



Looking at Dave McKean's image would seem as if it was just a simple image with just books stacked on top of each other but it really isn't. Other than just books there is also a man blending in the books. I love how in the image the man seems to be blending in with the books with the page texture McKean added. The mans hand seems to have a gradient because it changes from a book to the page texture to his hand and I love how Dave added that kind of effect it makes it stand out in that bottom dark area. I think that what the artist was trying to tell in this image is that reading builds a person's character and how its very important to learn new things and that can be by reading. I would describe Dave Mckeans style as surrealistic also because he got two different images and put it together and fit it together and in a way it hid the man, I also like how the man's body is the books. I think that thats why it represents that the books are representing that they are building character for the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment